The Fraud Analyst will be responsible for reviewing & dealing with potential fraudulent orders. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Prepares monthly consignor direct deposits & vendor payments
- Prepares positive pay uploads to the bank
- Researches & resolves account reconciling items & complete daily cash reconciliations in QuickBooks.
- Monitors real time Queues & analyzes high-risk transactions.
- Reviews transactions which are flagged as suspicious by our fraud platform Kount.
- Manages day-to-day fraud issues by contacting customers via telephone & email.
- Contacts customers via telephone to verify purchases. Requires regular inbound & outbound customer interaction via phone.
- Monitors voicemail, e-mail, messages & related information for support inquiries.
- Responds to Chargeback cases & improves overall fraud chargeback dispute process.
- Develops an internal log of all Chargebacks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient & effective functioning of the work unit.
- Collects & researches data; uses intuition & experience to complement data; designs workflows & procedures.
- Assesses own strengths & weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; strives to continuously build knowledge & skills.
- Exhibits ability to learn & apply new skills; uses resources effectively.
- Adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies & resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Expresses ideas & thoughts verbally; expresses ideas & thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening & comprehension; keeps others adequately informed.
- Establishes & maintains effective relations; offers assistance & support to co-workers.
- Speaks clearly & persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens & gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly & informatively; edits work for spelling & grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Confronts difficult situations.
- Follows policies & procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly & on time.
- Dresses appropriately for position.
- Is consistently at work & on time.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound & accurate judgment.
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, & interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, & procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, & the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability & statistical inference, & fundamentals of plane & solid geometry & trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, & proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems & deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting software.
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.