As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The global systems engineering group is responsible for engineering & support of the IT infrastructure for Visa & VisaNet. This includes planning, design, evaluation, installation, deployment, & maintenance of the IT infrastructure for the data centers & office facilities.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems & taking a broad perspective to identify creative solutions on physical server deployment. This role serves as a technical & functional specialist & works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Work in a complex, highly-secure, & highly available operations environments & interacting with the technology domain authorities required to maintain those environments
- Function as the compute lead on critical infrastructure physical server deployment projects & initiatives
- Write technical design & build documentation for compute infrastructure including server deployments across various platforms
- Develop ITIL procedures, technology strategy, engineering standards, methodologies, task-plans & standard methodologies for Distributed Compute Engineering
- Collaborate with partner Engineering Disciplines to develop Infrastructure Building Blocks based Reference Architectures & standards that can be offered as services to our customers
- Mentor junior team members
- 10 years of work experience in Linux/Unix server deployment with Bachelor's degree or
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) orin Linux/Unix server deployment with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Broad knowledge in hardware, software, network, linux/unix operating systems & applications deployments thru automation
- Good hands on technical engineering professional with business insight
- Strong process orientation & solid grasp of software development & testing techniques, methodologies & best practices
- Good experience in design & implementation experience with custom & off-the-shelf applications, & help coordinate activities of multiple technology domains in terms of design & deployment ITIL certification preferred
- In-depth experience with the following Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 & 7 CentOS 7 & 8, Ubuntu 16.x above, IBM AIX, ESXi & Cloud technologies.
- In depth experience with enterprise class virtualization technologies including VMware, Linux KVM Virtualization
- Engineering knowledge & hands-on with Linux container technology, SELinux & Docker
- Strong Hardware & OS deployment experience in the following server product lines: HP ProLiant, Dell PowerEdge
- Strong scripting skills in UNIX environments. In-depth experience in deployment & workflow automation
- Experience in automation & workflow tools such as Ansible, Chef & BladeLogic tool
- Strong analytical & technical troubleshooting skills, & possess an ability to explain technical concepts & provide mentorship to junior staff
- Strong expertise & experience in system monitoring techniques & tools
- Strong understanding of big data technologies including Hadoop & GPFS
- Hands on experience with back end technologies including Satellite Server & NIM
- Authoritative knowledge in server end SAN/NAS configuration & troubleshooting
- Ability to analyze, fix & take on storage stack issues (Hosts, SAN switches & Storage Devices)
- Engineering knowledge in TCPIP networking -link aggregation/redundancy, switches, routing & load-balancing
- Ability to write technical design & build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Solid ability to integrate content from other domain areas & construct final technical design documents
- Solid ability to provide level 3 support & guide level 2 administrators on problem resolution. Exhibit understanding & perform operational acceptance/turnover activities
- Be a part of a 24x7 on-callsupport rotation, if business requires
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.