Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover's Operations teams are responsible for building, designing, & implementing the systems, processes, & capabilities that help Clover succeed in our mission of improving health outcomes for our members & effecting change in the healthcare system. We collaborate with teams across the entire organization to ensure our members have access to the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
We are looking to hire a Senior Manager, Plan Operations Logistics to support our growing operational excellence function. This is a brand new team designed to bring logistical & operational support to the entire company. In this role you will partner with stakeholders & company leadership to stand up new programs & initiatives & execute on key deliverables. You will leverage your deep problem solving & organizational expertise to develop & lead operational excellence & process improvement initiatives in support of Clover's goals & strategies.
As a Senior Manager, Plan Operations Logistics you will:
- Partner with various stakeholders.
- Create & articulate a strategic vision, solution, & corresponding project plan when solving complex problems.
- Design & drive process & workflow implementation with internal & external stakeholders.
- Optimize productivity of a lean team through mentorship & identifying opportunities to be more resourceful.
- Develop accurate reporting & metrics to incessantly drive continuous improvements while enabling visibility into the quality of daily operations.
- Create sustainable ways to track, measure & analyze deliverables to meet KPI metrics.
- Identify the root cause of operational weaknesses & help implement the right solution.
- Build & maintain strong cross-functional relationships & provide effective leadership on collaborative projects.
You will love this job if:
- You're a logistical guru. You view complex projects similar to a Tetris puzzle & understand how to fit all the pieces together seamlessly.
- You are a people person. You communicate effectively to build trust & lasting partnerships with people, teams, & stakeholders from all different backgrounds.
- You are a strategic prioritizer, and able to identify where & when to focus your energy.
- You have a critical & analytical mindset. You understand how all the components of a process fit together & believe in the value of making data-driven decisions; you continuously monitor the efficacy of your programs through metrics tracking.
- You are agile, & comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity & speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 10+ years of prior experience working in a professional environment performing program, analytical & operational support.
- You have prior knowledge or experience building logistics-dependent operations (i.e. ride-sharing, delivery services, home care, field operations).
- You have proven experience taking large-scale initiatives from concept to completion.
- You have demonstrated ability to scope & drive focused execution in a broad & complex environment.
- You have prior management & leadership experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.