Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company'sgames have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information:bhvr.com.
The UI Designer will be the bridge between the UI/UX design & the programming teams. Using their knowledge of the Unreal platform they will create, design, & build user interfaces & animations that push the game UI to new heights of creativity. This individual should be comfortable working with the programming department as well as collaborating with the Art Director, the game's creator, & the other members of their UI team.
- Conceive & create the visual content & animations associated with a game's menus & interfaces;
- Build & integrate their designs into the game.
- Be willing to explore new technologies in order to help the team develop new UI techniques;
- Work in close collaboration with the UI/UX team & the programming team.
- Assist the programming team in the technical planning of the UI assets.
- Must have experience with Unreal Motion Graphics & blueprints;
- Having some knowledge of shaders & particle systems is considered an asset;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in graphic design (or equivalent), more specifically in the development of interfaces & menu stylization;
- Strong experience designing UI & UX for videogames;
- Master at Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator;
- Have a good understanding of typography, iconography, colour theory, layout design, & animation;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Able to clearly identify interface & user experience strengths & weaknesses;
- Passionate about video games!
Please include your portfolio inyour application.