Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, to Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian.
As Lead Enterprise Agile Coach of the Business Technology group, youll be responsible both for the leadership & coaching of agile teams & the management & administration of corporate agile project management tools. You will have the opportunity to work closely with teams & individuals & build up high-performing teams by providing hands-on guidance, managing interpersonal conflicts, & identifying opportunities for growth. You will provide coaching & mentorship to employees at all levels of the organization on Lean Agile, Agile, Kanban & SAFe principles. This role will shape the culture of a fast-growing department & embed a culture of continuous improvement, providing ongoing training & resources to improve Agile performance.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Identify plans to transition supported Appian agile teams from Agile coaching to self-sufficient Agile Teams.
- Responsible for hands-on coaching & teaching for new teams including how to perform key Agile ceremonies & how to effectively utilize Agile artifacts such as product backlogs.
- Lead Agile teams through product framing & discovery, including defining business KPIs, product vision, user story mapping, & other framing activities (Scrum of Scrums).
- Lead & facilitate various Agile Communities of Practice to help collaborate, review, & establish practices & principles for Agile at scale that works for the organization.
- Management, maintenance, & administration of corporate agile project management tools including Atlassian Jira & Confluence.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Highly visible, impactful opportunities: the deliverables of this team influence the business in a very visible manner, & members are often recognized for their contributions! Plus, you would be the first in this role & setting a new precedent in a rapid scaling, fast-paced environment with little red tapeyour ideas could quickly & easily turn into impact.
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- A wide variety of growth & development opportunities such as: Appian product training & Appian certification sponsorship, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning & Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid working arrangement, & flexible working hours.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related STEM field
- 8+ years of progressive, relevant experience
- 3+ years working as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Agile delivery lead and/or iteration Manager.
Nice to haves:
- SAFe Program Consultant certification, Certified enterprise coach (CEC), Master Certified coach (MCC), Lean Portfolio Management Enablement (LPM), Certified Scrum Trainer.
- Deep background in coaching & developing people & teams, delivering activity-based classroom training, & aligning teams with business KPI.
- Familiarity with common Agile & DevOps processes & tools; knowledge of DevOps tools & techniques.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.