BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet. Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Were looking to hire one Product Design intern to join our Product Design team in the Summer of 2021. As a Product Design intern at BuzzFeed, youll work on designing end-to-end solutions for real problems alongside product managers, data scientists, & engineers.
At BuzzFeed, were genuinely curious about the way things work & ideally, you are too. You should also have at least one project in your portfolio demonstrating your design process & intentions behind your decisions.
Youll be joining a team of product designers, getting feedback from other designers in bi-weekly critiques, jamming on ideas at Study Halls, & have a dedicated mentor to help you throughout your internship & beyond. Our last interns worked on a video feed for the Tasty app, our internal video tools, & the interface for our quizzes on the BuzzFeed app! BuzzFeed typically has 20-25 participants in our internship program. Along with other designers, youll get to work with interns in tech, video, business, & legal.
Read this blog post to learn more about the 2018 intern class or this blog post to learn more about what its like to be a product design intern at BuzzFeed from our previous interns.
This is a paid internship & will be fully remote. *Approved remote work locations include the following states - California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington.
- Design flows & experiences to be used by a large audience
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, & data scientists to help shape BuzzFeeds products
- Take ownership over a project that solves a real problem for BuzzFeed
- Attend weekly design critiques, giving & getting feedback from other BuzzFeed product designers
- Able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Comfortable collaborating with people across multiple disciplines like engineering, product, data science, & editorial
- Very familiar with & have experience using Sketch or Figma
- Sincerely interested in product design & are naturally curious about the way things work
Our expectations for interns are similar to what wed look for in associate designers, details of which are documented in our roles doc.
- You must be legally eligible to work in the US
- You must be a rising junior or senior & currently enrolled in school
- You are able to work remotely from June 7th - August 27th, 2021 in one of the approved remote location states.
More about our team:
On the BuzzFeed Product Design team, we care deeply about building a diverse team, & then supporting every team member in their career & skill growth. We are dedicated to creating & maintaining a respectful workplace that values everyone on our team bringing their whole selves to work.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.