Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
In this newly created position you will report directly to the Chief of Staff to the CEO & Co-Founder of Rent the Runway. 60% of your time will be spent on strategic initiatives across the office of the CEO, & 40% of your time will be spent on administrative matters that relate to the CEOs time management. You will have unique access to high visibility projects led by the CEO & her team & provide support to drive these initiatives forward. You will support internal & external efforts that support the research, development & execution of highly strategic growth & brand initiatives, business model innovations, investor relations, corporate development & communications for the company. We are seeking a natural multitasker & stellar communicator with voracious curiosity who thrives in a fast paced environment & is excited to learn the RTR business via this entry point. We see this as an 18-month position, after which you would be eligible for consideration to transition to another role within Rent the Runway.
What Youll Do:
- Lead strategic projects related to business development & innovation on behalf of the Office of the CEO, acting as an internal liaison cross functionally & an external representative
- Develop & share market & industry research, trend reports, & competitive insights / intelligence, presenting findings to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
- Own the creation of materials, research & follow up for meetings & projects on behalf of the Office of the CEO, including board meetings, company all-hands meetings, fundraising, investor communications & external c-level conversations
- Act as a conduit for internal company communication, working with the PR/Communications & People teams in support of culture building initiatives, events & talent development opportunities
- Build effective internal relationships with key stakeholders in core functions such as marketing, PR, product, finance, operations, etc. in order to partner on cross functional projects & drive alignment
- Develop & maintain a robust project management system for the Office of the CEO to successfully track new & existing projects
- Support CEO in creating & posting impactful social media content across various platforms (Tiktok, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Own administrative support to the CEO for business-related matters, managing all aspects of the CEO's business calendar & schedule including: calls, zooms, appointments, meetings, travel, transportation, Board of Directors coordination, etc.
- Bachelors degree & prior experience in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive & confidential situations with poise, tact & diplomacy
- Must be able to interact & communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including, senior executives, board members, etc.
- Proficiency in Gmail, Google docs, Slack & Zoom plus basic word processing, spreadsheets, database & presentation software (Outlook, Word, Gmail, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Extreme attention to detail in composing, typing & proofing materials, establishing priorities & meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment & demonstrate ability to juggle multiple completing tasks & demands
- Must be forward thinking & constantly one step ahead
- You bring a do whatever it takes attitude & are ready to jump in; no task is too big or too small
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $65,000 - $80,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.