Senior Director, US Media
The US Marketing team goal is to create demand for Walmart & inspire re-appraisal, engagement & loyalty amongst existing & potential customers. We do this by developing & executing innovative marketing, communication, partnership, & experiential programs that can breakthrough in the marketplace & create consumer action Within the marketing organization, the US Media team focuses on developing innovative media programs across the US; creating breakthrough & memorable impressions, engagement programs & media experiences.(not sure exactly what the opening words are on what our mission is & what we do & say).
The primary accountability for this role is to lead the Media team & provide the strategic marketing direction & oversight for US based media & communication planning, buying, partnerships, negotiations & placements that ensure all marketing strategies are achieved while delivering maximum return on investment for Walmart. This executive will oversee several key components of the marketing engine with a goal of driving impact, innovation & greater agility, better coordination & integration, as well as continuing to optimize both the brands/business messaging platforms & media mix through harnessing consumer insight & deeper analytics. This position needs to remain on the cutting edge of understanding, knowledge & application regarding emerging media channels (mobile, social, digital, etc) & new ways of communicating & engaging consumers.. This position has a high level of interface with internal teams & requires excellent collaboration with internal stakeholders, agency & media partners.
Specific accountabilities would include:
- Lead & manage the Companys media & communication planning & buying. Craft the next level of integrated media & marketing strategies & create a plan & vision that can lead to significant impact, innovation & industry acclaim for the brand & business.
- Specifically, lead communications planning & media buying strategy across all paid channels including television, radio, print, out-of-home, online, social, & mobile media
- Management of media agency partner teams to ensure that strategies & plans deliver against business objectives & create impact in the marketplace
- Manage & oversee the US media brand & business budgets, including all operational, fiscal & investment ROI & evaluation responsibilities
- Heavy collaboration & coordination with creative, experience, partner, social, performance, insights, data & analytic teams
- Coordinate/partner with internal & external stakeholders to author & present best practices, POVs, & strategic planning guidelines
- Help create a pipeline of new ideas & methods of marketing including test & learn plans & analyze relative ROI possibilities
- Create an environment of collaboration, teamwork, learning & sharing that can help drive associate
Required Skills & background:
- Media & Communications executive with 15+ years of deep functional leadership experience in relevant media areas & integrated marketing communications
- Thorough knowledge of media planning & buying concepts & processes, as well as a complete understanding of the role of media & assets in the overall consumer communications process
- Experience in having demonstrated a propensity to challenge organizations to accelerate investment in both new & traditional pioneering media properties & programs
- Good understand of performance digital marketing & full funnel execution. Additionally, understanding of programmatic buying & media technology planning & buying platforms
- Successful candidate will need to have the gravitas to both sit at the table & lead the dialogue & negotiations with the heads of media properties
- He/she will have excellent communication, presentation, & interpersonal skills & must be results/metrics-driven.
- He/she will possess excellent leadership skills, strong analytical, critical thinking skills & strategic agility, & must be able to work effectively within a matrixed functional organization in partnership with key business partners, internal & external
- He/she will be considered a business expert who can successfully conceptualize, plan, organize, develop, implement, & manage areas of strategic planning & marketing, business & marketing development, planning for big consumer brands.
- He/she will be a proven people leader with experience at managing external agency partners