Culver City, CA
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient & accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients & produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, were committed to leaving people better than we found them. Were in the business of feeding people, & were out to change what that means.
As the Market Director, you will lead a team focused on operational excellence across 20+ restaurants. You will be responsible for leading, managing & developing our operators both across a 20+ restaurant market which may span across multiple cities. Youll be an active member of the Operations Leadership Team & help to shape operations strategy as well as ensure that the companys strategic initiatives come to light in your market.
The right person for this role is a proven leader & operator, familiar with high growth environments, skilled at managing a P&L, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for him/herself, & is adept at developing talent. If you are someone who thrives in a critical leadership position & gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge & driving operational excellence, then this is a great role for you.
What youll do
- Manage the field operations teams to deliver employee, guest & shareholder satisfaction goals which clearly include financial results
- Monitor & drive flawless execution in day-to-day operations; visit our restaurants often to ensure that all aspects of the business meet established guidelines & standards across all dayparts & parts of the week.
- Hire, train, develop, retain & evaluate leadership talent to create & maintain high performing teams that reduce turnover, create succession & growth & ensure that our top talent is ready to take on additional responsibilities.
- Assist with the development of strategic & tactical plans for the market & ensure the completion of each, holding individuals accountable to assigned tasks.
- Monitor all aspects of the business in-person & by using the various methods & reporting tools available (Daily sales reports, score cards, guest insights, labor & food cost tools), & then use the data & personal observations to coach & reach established goals.
- Develop & execute plans & initiatives that consistently achieve & beat the company's desired sales & profitability targets for both existing & newly established operations.
- Champion the operating culture by delivering a high level of system-wide operations execution that exceed guest expectations in each restaurant, every shift, every time; build a culture of accountability to financial & operational standards.
- Ensure flawless opening, execution & results of new restaurant openings. Do this by playing an active role both during pre & post opening of these restaurants including but not restricted to the aspect of recruiting & training.
- Develop & maintain relationships across the company to ensure productive partnerships with various cross functional business partners & disciplines at the Treehouse
- Deliver consistently on the company's goals & OKRs (objectives & key results).
- Exhibit leadership by example through effective coaching, motivating & reinforcing the company's mission, operating principles & core values while maintaining a high level of visibility with company operations.
- Provide thought leadership through developing & implementing innovative support solutions for company operations.
- Demonstrate progress through analysis & forecasting & presentation of conclusions & recommendations to the executive team.
- Ensure compliance with all local laws & regulations as well as company policy as it relates to the running of your market especially as it relates to food safety & labor laws
- Maintain a strong industry network & local market knowledge for our brand.
What youll bring to the table
- 7+ years of successful restaurant management/leadership operations experience required.
- Previous senior management experience leading large restaurant teams in a geographically dispersed operations environment.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work-related experience is required.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them & by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife & celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values & have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally & professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join thesweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us & everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government'sE-Verifyprogram to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about theE-Verifyprogram, pleaseclick here.