ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Operations Team is a group of fast-moving, analytical thinkers who thrive on getting stuff done. As a lean team at theSkimm, we do more with less, & we hustle. Nobody is too senior or too junior to do something - everybody executes, & we are always in growth mode.
As the Operations Manager, youll act as the lead for advertising operations & sales operations to help keep our sales efforts growing on a strategic path. Reporting to theSkimms Director of Operations, youll be responsible for overseeing traffic & advertising operations, leading sales operations efforts, & reporting and/or recommending growth initiatives throughout the company.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Help lead the implementation of a native ad server into theSkimms operations
- Lead day-to-day advertising & traffic operations for the company
- Provide high level, data-driven reporting to the executive team that allows both finance & theSkimms C-Suite to understand how were performing against targets & business goals
- Provide change-driven recommendations & insights that will help drive future successes across theSkimms monetization efforts
- Work alongside a wide variety of internal teams, including sales, content, marketing & finance
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of experience in a role supporting sales & advertising operations, preferably at a digital media company
- A love for operations, process, & working with numbers
- Demonstrated organization & communication skills
- A solution-based approach to work where nothing is a problem, but rather a solution waiting to be found
- A strong work-ethic & the ability to self motivate in a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!