For most people, shopping for a vehicle is an experience we'd rather forget. Shoppers navigate a sea of endless options, spend hours at the dealership & negotiate toe-to-toe with a dealer who does this every day. The experience leaves automotive shoppers feeling exhausted & overwhelmed, while hopeful, but not sure that they got a vehicle in good condition for a fair price.
Autolist is on a mission to rewire the automotive industry by making it easier for everyone to find & get a vehicle they love! We are creating an automotive shopping experience for every stage of the automotive life cycle buying, selling, owning & we're well on our way. Were an independent brand & subsidiary of CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), the worldwide category leader in automotive shopping. Autolist helps millions of monthly users via our award-winning apps & web shopping platforms. Our efforts to streamline the automotive shopping experience is supported by a strong passion to empower people with the knowledge & experience they need for everything automotive. Autolist is dedicated to equity, inclusion, & belonging, & world-class benefits.
As a Software Engineer for the Web team, youll focus on bringing the Autolist vision to life. You will collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, & analysts to execute on a broad range of projects. This could include building new features to help our customers, contributing to front end architecture decisions to support a fast-growing user base, or optimizing our intelligent marketplace to provide a better user experience. You will work in an agile environment, iterating on code that delivers the highest value first.
- Build & maintain scalable, isomorphic web apps. (Our web app is built with Next.js, React, Typescript & Redux, hosted on Kubernetes)
- Help drive engineering projects to completion with a focus on the business impact of those projects. Pragmatically prioritize tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Produce engineering solutions that are reliable, maintainable & easy to change.
- Write automated tests that prove code is working.
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams to plan & execute engineering projects.
- 2+ years of industry experience or relevant experience
- Well-versed in React
- Experience with writing unit tests & other automated tests.
- Empathetic & compassionate
- Have experience with pair-programming
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with React Testing Library & Jest
- Experience with Next.js
- An interest in exploring code design & architecture
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience building consumer-facing applications
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
We deeply value continuous education as a personal investment to better achieve individual & business goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Autolist is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration & treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, & promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.
Check out this link to learn more about our engineering team: https://www.autolist.com/engineering
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.