If you are passionate about working on technologies & design approaches that are disruptive to incumbent Enterprise players, like to use Open Source, tooling & automation & agile concepts, & are interested in opportunities to work at massive scale, we may have just the job for you. We're looking for highly motivated & hardworking OpenStack engineers for our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) team.
Why the team needs you
The CIE team owns Box's IaaS & PaaS environments, providing the key platforms for Box's customers. You will bring your expertise to a team passionate about automating & supporting production grade private-cloud IaaS infrastructure based on OpenStack & their supporting tools to enable Box to service their customers.
The CIE team is embarking on transformation of our IaaS environment. A few examples are enabling persistent storage, enable live migrations & automate hypervisor patching with a focus on valuable functionality for our internal engineering customers.
The CIE team has the additional responsibilities for building & maintaining our OpenStack based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) infrastructure along with our Linux base OS configuration. Each engineer has a primary focus area (PaaS, IaaS, OS) but may be encouraged to be able to participate in on-call rotation encompassing all domains.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are undergoing a massive change in how we run our services & need to build a monitoring platform to help guide our way. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
You're going to have the outstanding opportunity to architect, build & support our IaaS platform. You will get to work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud including OpenStack & Spinnaker. You will have transparency & impact across all of Engineering.
- You'll architect, implement & support new components of our OpenStack based IaaS platform
- You'll work with ground breaking technologies that are defining the future of the cloud
- You'll collaborate with other specialists to foster proven engineering principles & represent our engineering values
- You'll drive opportunities to improve automation for deployment, management, tooling & visibility
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical & relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You'll collaborate, influence & drive for improvement across scrum teams
- You'll provide additional support for other cloud platforms (Kubernetes/Docker) & technologies (Linux Base OS)
- Must be passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You take an Ops-centric approach to everything you build, ensuring availability, performance & security are core components.
- You act like an owner & strive to do work you're proud of, both technically & in your team interactions
- Ability to inspire other people on your team, & you enjoy mentoring & coaching more junior engineers
- You have expertise in the relevant technologies (OpenStack) & ideally have experience working with SDN overlay networks (such as Calico)
- You are comfortable with infrastructure automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or the like)
- You are able to automate solutions for complex & repetitive problems in a cloud infrastructure, preferably with Python.
- You demonstrate knowledge of CI/CD process & framework to build/update cloud (OpenStack & OS).
- 3+ years of experience