Squarespace is in search of a Director of Total Rewards to build & scale a total rewards strategy that will continue to attract top talent as we enter our next phase of growth. You will design & execute a total rewards strategy to position Squarespace competitively in the market to attract & retain talent.
You will work with the People Team & department leaders to build compensation & benefits programs to serve our rapidly growing global business. Youll also work with the broader People team leaders on programs to cultivate our unique culture & people practices.
You will report to our Chief People Officer & is based in New York.
- Partner with the People leadership team & executives to define & execute the total rewards strategy
- Create a compelling executive compensation strategy to ensure were attracting & retaining top leaders
- Develop a partnership with the HR Business Partner team & department leaders to advise & implement department specific reward & retention strategies aligned to Squarespaces job architecture
- Lead the compensation function including base, short-term & long-term incentive compensation; semi-annual compensation review cycle; equity administration; market data survey participation
- Lead the benefits team including the evaluation, recommendation, & implementation of changes & improvements to the benefits program; partner with vendors to manage the medical, dental, life, long-term & short-term disability insurance plans, flexible spending accounts & 401(k) plan; maintain benefit plan documents & summary plan description
- Work with FP&A teams to forecast spends for anything compensation & benefits related
- 15+ years demonstrated experience in total rewards, in both private & public organizations, with at least 5 years in compensation at a high-growth technology company
- Progressive experience in executive compensation, base compensation, market pricing, variable pay, job evaluation/architecture, & cost modeling on a global scale
- Global benefit experience including knowledge of health & wellness plans, time off practices, & retirement plans
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, high growth, & deadline oriented environment
- Experience with vendor selection & RFPs
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.