Checkrs mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkrs product has shifted the on-demand economy & has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern & compliant background checks for global enterprises & startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment & we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people & we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our API team, which builds world-class APIs to provide trust & safety services for big & large enterprises across the world. This team will design tools, processes, standards for creating APIs in Checkr to provide exceptional developer experience for both internal & external developers. This teams vision to bring our APIs so intuitive to develop against. Behind the scenes, we embrace micro-services as the best way to isolate everything & selecting the right tool for the job. We also love asynchronous architectures & building RESTful APIs. Checkr was founded by engineers for engineers; we want to create the best environment for developers to build, learn & love their work.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Optimizing engineering processes & policies
- Representing the team in planning & product meetings
- Planning & implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Advocate for Checkr engineering & management at industry events
- Mentoring & career development with team members
- Design, implement & scale our microservice architecture
What you bring:
- 4+ years as an engineering manager
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Experience building microservices architecture
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth & diversity
What you get:
- A fast-paced & collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching & professional development
- Competitive compensation & opportunity for advancement a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental & vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, & snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented & qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, & leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering & celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, & cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkrs commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Franciscos Fair Chance Ordinance.