ABOUT OKTA TRAINING:
Okta Training provides comprehensive instructional programs to ensure success for our customers, partners, & employees at all stages of their lifecycle using Okta identity & mobility solutions.
The Okta Technical Instructor will deliver both web-based virtual training & dedicated onsite events to train customers, partners, & employees on features of the Okta service. The candidate is a passionate & solid instructor & communicator, skilled in the delivery of quality training sessions in both physical & virtual & also participates regularly in curriculum projects. In addition, the candidate is expected to develop expertise in a particular area of the Okta service & learn all relevant aspects of current & new functionality to ensure ongoing improvement of product knowledge & training / presentation skills.
Quality deliverables, commitment to timelines, & unwavering focus on customer success are of paramount importance in this position. Flexibility & a desire to participate in the growth & scale of a successful global training practice are qualities that a successful candidate will possess. Job level is determined in accordance with candidate experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an area of targeted expertise as it relates to learning requirements in a key area of the Okta service (Identity Management, Mobility Management, or Platform).
- Deliver public instructor-led training sessions & administer learning assessments in both virtual (web-based) & traditional classroom settings as well as onsite at customer locations.
- Assume full ownership for success of training events, interacting internally & with the customer as needed to confirm requirements, event logistics, knowledge transfer, & follow-up.
- Keep Okta knowledge current, stay up to date with new features & versions as they are released in targeted area of expertise
- Collaborate with internal Okta teams (Products, Product Marketing, Engineering, Business Development, Professional Services, & Support) to identify best practices & incorporate new Okta product features into the lifecycle training offerings for each unique audience.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to the design & development of Okta technical courseware, learning paths, training assessments, & certification exams.
- Contribute articles to the Okta knowledge base
- Adhere to Okta Training methods, processes, procedures, & policies in the development & delivery of training services; partner well with Okta Training peers.
- Assist in scoping, developing, & delivering private or custom training with customers
- The position will travel to deliver on-site training upon request, not to exceed 30%.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Minimum 5 years in the technology industry.
- 3+ solid experience interfacing with customers & partners in a technical training role.
- Bachelors Degree, minimum
- Excellent understanding of one or more common industry standards related to technologies & protocols that support:
- Experience with technologies & protocols to support identity federation & robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID) directory integration, SSO, multi-factor authentication preferred
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security & cutting-edge infrastructures a plus
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Some knowledge & experience in Identity & Access Management (IAM) & Security space preferred
- AD & LDAP experience preferred
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday preferred
- Mobile security, authentication, & device management
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations using web-based training delivery technology to technical & non-technical audiences; competently uses appropriate classroom management & audience-engagement methods & techniques.
- Demonstrates strong written communication skills for the purpose of quality curriculum development & review.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible & team well in a fast growing environment.
- Facilitates productive cross-team interaction & is effectively able to represent the vision & charter of Oktas Training & Customer Success Teams.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.