As a Technical Produceryou will be responsible for scoping & delivering end-to-end projects & operational programs. You will lead & coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams & outside vendors to develop optimal solutions & then execute/maintain those programs. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, & desired outcomes to internal cross-functional & remote project teams. You will manage a project roadmap & ensure teams are delivering against milestones & deliverables.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, will have developed & implemented operational processes, & will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You will ideally have a Scrum Master certification or at the very least have demonstrable experience of delivering complex platform migration projects using agile methodologies. You must be able to thrive & succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, & not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop & drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in & get the job done. As a Technical Producer, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate & make tradeoffs, & balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects & break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, & then deliver them in a successful & timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent & leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Develop, maintain & effectively execute project plans throughout the life of assigned project(s) according to established procedures, channels & success expectations
- Contribute to continual process & people management innovation, supporting effective delivery of solutions
- Establish clear project parameters supporting the success of all internal & client team members
- Understand & communicate client business needs to the internal team
- Promote high standards of professional integrity on all proposed & actual client business solutions
- Provide & promote high standards of professionalism & leadership throughout the life of projects, both within & outside the organization, appropriately representing Critical Mass business philosophies, protocols & standards
- Negotiate, define, communicate & manage the scope of the project
- Create & maintain a project schedule, which defines activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration & associated resource requirements
- Forecast, track & manage project budgets, POs & invoices
- Define, negotiate, communicate, implement & monitor quality standards on all project deliverables
- Plan & manage internal & external project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project information & deliverables
- Identify, analyse, prioritize, mitigate & communicate project risks
- Minimum of 5 years overall experience in technical program/project management, or a related technical field required with at least 2 years of focused technical program management experience.
- Experience managing complex platform migrations
- Experience coordinating multi-team product development cycles & software development schedules
- Experience developing & then implementing sustaining processes among internal & external teams
- Experience presenting & providing written reports & other communications with technical & non-technical individuals across large organizations
- Strong client facing skills with experience in driving process & delivery improvements within a client organization
- Scrum Master Certification (preferred)
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (preferred)
- Be versed in MS Office & project management scheduling software i.e., JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, or SmartSheet (preferred)
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors, developing SLAs/KPIs, & working with vendors on continuous improvement against metrics (preferred)