Exciting Opportunity to Help Make Global Trade Easier
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder & customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest-growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiels Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
Data & information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business & transforms the freight industry. Our Data Services Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy & insight that represent value to our clients while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
As a Global Data Services Manager, youll be leading our Global Trade Coordinators. The Data Services team provides an optimized & streamlined process for client data & customs.
What you'll do:
- Build a strong Data Services team
- Provide leadership & direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, & leading
- Innovative & creative ways to drive performance
- Collaborate with management cohort to ensure a standardized experience for internal & external clients
- Facilitate one on ones on a regular cadence
- Stakeholder management
- Process Architecture
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of work experience
- Leadership experience, whether through direct management, mentorship, or projects is required
- Ability to create innovative & creative ways to drive performance
- Able to coach employees to achieve results; needs to be able to have patience in seeing the success of your employees
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail & follow-through.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.