The Receiving Lead is a non-management role, who will be a liaison between the fashion product receivers & management. The Receiving Lead will focus on processing high value consignments, quality control, training & helping the receiver troubleshoot troubling consignments. This role will also assist with administrative tasks & team training.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Help with troubleshooting & problem solving for the product receiving team
- Conduct necessary research to help solve challenging consignments
- Oversee all inbound products from luxury consignment offices, process all high value & specialty consignments as needed
- Work closely with copywriting leads on inbound consignment process for VIP consignors & celebrity sales
- Assisting with client services inquiries by providing consignment information to our exceptions team
- Daily rejections audits & providing in the moment feedback when needed
- Conduct & support quality control initiatives for general team
- Responsible for managing all luxury manager item inquiries that includes missing items, additional items & items that dont qualify for price approval
- Assist assistant managers with new hire onboarding & training
- Assist with to be received product distribution based on item category
- Be heavily engaged with the team & contribute to a positive team culture
What You Bring To The Role
- Strong leadership ability & desire to grow into a management role
- Someone who works well independently but also has the ability to lead in a team environment
- High energy, upbeat personality who enjoys interacting with large groups of people
- Great time management skills & ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Internal candidates must have positive KPIs & productivity metrics
- Strong attention to detail, highly motivated & proactive
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service & direct shipping for individual consignors & estates. At our stores in LA, NYC & San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, & meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 & listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.