About the role: The Project Manager will serve as the lead role in planning, executing, & monitoring real estate & development projects at Dig Inn. Real Estate & Development is a key part of Dig Inns growth plan & were looking for someone who is eager & excited to help us scale & improve our restaurant footprint across multiple markets. This individual will oversee new restaurant openings (NROs), renovation projects, & special asset projects, acting as a bridge between operations, design, & restaurant leaders. As a lead role, you have experience gauging feasability, planning & budgeting, managing design, purchasing & procurement, negotiating bids & contracts, & executing projects. This position is on the Real Estate & Development Team & reports to the Director of Development.
- Lead daily project management activities through all levels of new store development. Design, permitting, construction & restaurant turn-over.
- Review Real Estate locations & perform initial feasibility of proposed restaurant locations, including coordinated feedback to assist in active Real Estate negotiations.
- Properly scope, schedule & budget proposed projects for key stakeholder review.
- Assist development Design Manager during design phase of project to guarantee alignment with brand vision, timeline & budget.
- Assist development external resources, A&E & additional vendors through plan development.
- Review of restaurant construction documents for brand compliance. Including key internal cross functional department review & alignment.
- Lead all project approvals including LL review & local municipal permitting via permit expediter.
- Manage project procurement & purchasing of all FF&E, KES, signage, etc.
- Lead project bid, negotiation, & contract process.
- Manage project meetings to maintain scope, schedule & budget integrity.
- Be responsible for restaurant & project closeout including managing project punch & turn-over to operations in addition to coordinating post construction warranty.
- A BS in engineering or CM preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in managing multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate effectively, with integrity to key stakeholders & all project vendors
- Strong organization skills
- Self-motivated & disciplined
- Demonstrate composure under high-pressure
- Strong team player, as this role will work collaboratively across many teams
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook lan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time+ Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
- Dig Inn farm trips
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our missionbuilding kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.