Were looking for...
A Temp-permGraphicDesigner to design & develop digital assets for Gilts Sales. Were looking for someone with the desire to be a part of something big, the training & foundation to create outstanding work daily, a sophisticated aesthetic sense & the interest to collaborate & succeed in a dynamic retail fashion environment. Youll be joining a team that takes pride in the excellence of everything they do, all while respecting & protecting the integrity of the world-class brands featured on-site
What youll accomplish...
- Create digital assets from conceptualization, to design, through final sign-off
- Develop & maintain design standards for all assets pertaining to the Gilt brand
- With guidance from the senior designer, develop excellent designs that showcase world-class fashion brands with the same level of quality the brands hold for themselves
- Inspire & mentor associate designers by modeling a collegial, positive working environment for other Gilt Creative Team members
- Develop concepts for photography & design to support branded & curated site takeovers
- Stay on top of all trends in design in order to keep the Gilt Creative Team inspired & in the know
- Contribute to swipe library & concepts
- Work collaboratively on each project with others on the team including art directors, designers, copywriters, copyeditors etc.
- Receive & give constructive feedback on each project with a positive attitude
- Must be able to shift priorities to meet deadlines based on changing calendars
- Ensure projects are completed on time in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Opportunity to improve your creative & design skills
- Opportunity to grow your strategic skills
- Opportunity to hone your leadership skills
- Opportunity to be an integral, contributing part of a tight-knit Creative Team
- Opportunity to work with high-level business partners
- Opportunity to directly affect the business
THE RIGHT FIT:
- Digital Graphic Design chops someone with a passion for, & mastery of, design & the desire to both direct & be hands-on.
- Love for all things fashion related, combined with the ability to filter through current trends in fashion & design
- Fresh thinking & curiosity the ability to challenge assumptions, think innovatively & solve complex problems creatively
- Positive & solutional thinking we are a highly collaborative & collegial team
- Strong self-motivation, accountability & drive to succeed.
- Excitement & passion to take the Gilt business to the next level
- Desire to learn new things & keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, social media, retailing & ecommerce
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe CS5 suite with emphasis on Photoshop (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Bridge)
- Mastery of typography in both traditional & web-based environments
- Excellent attention to detail & follow-through
- Experience in the world of fashion, either through agency or branded work
- Sophisticated sense of color
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a designer in an agency or in-house creative group
- Experience creating & optimizing graphics for web & print pieces
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last-minute requests & quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
- BA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography
- A strong portfolio of relevant work
We cant wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume & online or pdf portfolio for consideration. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. Thats where this department with its consistent design & voice comes in. Whether its the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design & photography, our team works hard to creative a cohesive & complete experience. The Creative Team drives the Gilt Members journey. We concept, design & write cohesive campaigns that meet marketings strategy & objectives.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to create the most engaging & satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, over 15 million loyal Members turn to Rue La La & Gilt for everything from womens, mens & children's apparel & accessories to home decor & exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.