Address: 306 23rd Ave S Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98144
Reporting to the Clinical Team Manager, the Patient Appointment Scheduler (known internally as an Operations Assistant (OA)) is the first point of contact for patients at Iora & takes care of all patients through their administrative excellence. Duties specific to this position include answering incoming calls, making outbound calls, checking voicemails, greeting & welcoming patients, running morning meetings, & managing the flow of medical records & other important, confidential documentation. This role will be office-based.
Specific responsibilities include:
Foster an excellent experience for all patients in all interactions
- Serve as the first point of contact on the phone & when patients enter or call the practice
- Welcome all patients, families & visitors to the practice warmly, courteously, & respectfully, making the reception area a calm, relaxing place.
- Provide information for visitors, community members, & new patients.
- Have an awareness for practice flow working with the CTM to ensure patient & team safety
Expert Knowledge & Implementation of Ioras Administrative Processes
- Ensure timely answering of phones, direct calls to the appropriate team member, proactive follow- up, manage voicemail.
- Employ critical thinking to provide a solution for the patient or direct them to the appropriate resource including appropriately escalating patient concerns.
- Gather/use existing information in Chirp to answer basic patient questions around care i.e. scheduling, referral status, refill status, care plan information, support network, basic benefits questions etc.
- Use preferred contact method to proactively reach out to patients when needed, i.e. confirming a next day appointment, following up on a question or reaching out to engage a new patient.
- Partner with Clinical Team Manager on scheduling including tracking/triage boards, practice schedule & Chirp to ensure accuracy.
- Partner with Clinical Team Manager to coordinate all external guests, including vendors.
- Obtaining copays when required & offer copay waiver when eligible
Assist in Office Management
- Monitor clinic email & respond within 24 hours on business days
- Receive & sign for arriving packages & distribute mail
- Compile & keep ready various sets of paperwork. (i.e. Initial Visit Packets, Welcome Packets, Annual Wellness Visit Paperwork)
- Maintain file for paperwork expected to be picked up by patient
- Work with the Clinical Team Manager to maintain general upkeep of the practice & lab to Iora standards, including but not limited to:
- opening & closing the clinic, maintaining supplies, stocking rooms troubleshooting basic tech issues, managing cleanliness of space, watering plants, printing lab slips & communicating with janitorial & maintenance services.
- Support the growth of the organization by asking patients if they want to refer friends & family to Iora.
- Under the direction of the Care Team Manager, support & coordinate events & special projects.
- Must be comfortable wearing PPE required for COVID-19 safety protocols (surgical face-mask & shield/goggles)
- Must be flexible & comfortable with ambiguity, eager to work in a dynamic environment & willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a service industry required
- Healthcare experience required
- Tech savviness required
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills both in-person & by phone
- Must have the ability to work well both as a member of a team & independently
- Must have reliable transportation & be able to travel to different practice locations as needed
- Must have exceptional organizational, problem-solving & time management skills & must be able to appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must be open-minded, non-judgmental & compassionate