Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving & investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers & building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, & enjoy life.
We are seeking a Director of Investments to join the Stash Brokerage Team. This hire will report to our VP of Brokerage Operations & be an important partner to our entire organization. In this role, you will have the opportunity to direct future investment options for the platform, build out the interactive touch points surrounding investments, & continue to advance strategic initiatives. If you are data-driven, passionate about teaching customers the ins & outs of investing, & have a desire to join a rapidly growing tech startup -- Stash is looking for you!
What Youll Do:
- Oversee all aspects of platform financial advice & guidance ensuring it aligns with Stashs investment thesis, guidelines & methodology, & company mission
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (product, design, marketing, & compliance) to commercialize new products & enhance existing products
- Work with the marketing & editorial content teams to co-create financial education, as well as contribute subject matter expertise
- Oversee & make contributions to portfolio optimization modeling & investment algorithms to ensure an efficient & robust investment research process.
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering stakeholders to co-create systems that automate investment advice , validate key inputs & expected outputs, & handle exceptions
- Partner with User Research, Product, & Data Science to support stakeholders in leveraging investor behavior when developing investment advice, making adjustments that reflect behavioral insights that help customers to accept & remain committed to Stashs investment advice & increase platform customer retention
- Support the development & oversight of automated customer financial plans including details about cash flow, savings, debts, investments, insurance & other elements of our customers financial lives, helping customers prioritize goals
What Were Looking For:
- 7-12 years of experience in multi-asset portfolio management, manager selection, or similar roles
- Strong product background in launching investment products through app/web
- Well versed in analyzing customer data & providing suitable investment options to help customers reach their financial goals
- General understanding of operations & associated revenue streams
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Knowledge of finance, trade lifecycle, & the investment management industry is highly desirable
- Series 7, 86, or 87 a plus!
We believe that diversity & inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, & building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow & retain & we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits andFlexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens & catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services & Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.