Virta Health is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to reverse type 2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science & digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As a Senior Full Stack engineer, you will make key contributions to the applications, tools, & workflows across the entire patient journey at Virta:
- Creating the cross-platform experience that allows our patients to receive first-class remote care at scale
- Building the next generation healthcare platform that allows our clinical team to serve patients 24/7
- Streamlining the application process that makes applying for medical care as easy as creating a social media account
- Providing the data & insights to employers & health plans that show the efficacy of the Virta Treatment using aggregate patient data in a safe, secure, & respectful way
You will have an opportunity to focus & influence direction across all levels of our stack to meet the rapidly changing needs of a growing company. You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of new & critical features central to the success of both our patients & mission.
- Partner with product management & design to come up with features & solutions that improve the entire Virta Experience from first applicant contact to latest patient achievements
- Code & ship complex new features in our web & mobile apps at high velocity & high quality with well-structured code
- Troubleshoot, debug, & fix issues in production & non-production environments
- Manage performance & usage of applications in the production environment
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Code & ship multiple features that involves both front-end & back-end code with complete test coverage
- Collaborate with other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, & giving feedback in code reviews
- Propose & implement one or more process/product improvements to make our engineering team even better
- 4+ years shipping back-end code in a high-quality production environment, with exposure to front-end development
- Experience with data & event-based architectures (API development, SQL/NoSQL datastores, messaging queues, etc.)
- Experience building & deploying microservices in production
- Strong communication skills with a proven history of interfacing with business-level stakeholders, both technical & non-technical alike
- Has attention to detail, carefully crafts both tests & code
- Loves learning & adapting to new technologies to solve core business problems.
Bonus Points For...
- Server-side experience with Google Cloud Platform, GraphQL, Go, FHIR
- Front-end experience with React / React Native, Webpack
- Significant experience in the Python ecosystem
Virtas company values drive our culture, so youll do well if:
- You put people first & take care of yourself, your peers, & our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership & take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego & understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency & promote trust & empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based & prioritize data & science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks & rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security & privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security & privacy training will be provided.