Safety Manager, Field Operations
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming & on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors & content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind & body all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks & continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
Provide expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health & safety (EHS), risk management, & workers compensation management across the Field Operations business unit. Assist the operations to maintain compliance with all applicable EHS requirements. Aid business units in actions to eliminate worker injuries, vehicle accidents & associated costs. Work closely with the Director of EHS on all safety related topics.
- Oversee Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives for all warehouses
- Manage the SDS/Hazard Communication program
- Manage & perform the planning, training, inspection, reporting & recordkeeping requirements for all safety compliance programs
- Lead training efforts for EHS related activities throughout the enterprise
- Manage the preparation & submittal of safety-related agency regulatory reports
- Provide engaging health & safety leadership to the facility employees
- Lead Executive, Regional, & Employee Safety Committees
- Develop & support strategic initiatives designed to produce best in class EHS performance
- Act as the facility & regional champion for the Zero Incidents initiatives
- Lead the tracking & assessment of safety requirements & metrics
- Advise business group leadership teams on strategy deployment progress & challenges
- Train & Assist site managers, supervisors & employees in the development & implementation of long & short-range planning, policies, programs & objectives.
- Conduct audits to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results & compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct & document annual compliance inspections.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis of all worksite activities & lead actions for controls & countermeasures.
- Leads safety observation efforts across Field Operations
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment & procedures. Train & demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Investigate incidents (including injuries, property damage, near misses, releases, & losses) to determine root cause & prepare/direct corrective action plans.
- Acts as regional champion for implementation of risk reduction controls.
- Bachelors Degree
- Knowledge of warehouse operations & fleet management procedures
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills, & the ability to troubleshoot problems & think on your feet
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA & local regulations
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations & industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams & individuals across multiple functions within the organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines & priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal & written communication skills; able to train/present to an executive level audience
- CSP, CSHO, or equivalent Safety Certification