Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Payroll Specialist at Guardant Health will contribute to a world-class finance team in a rapid growth & emerging environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisers for all our strategic & enterprise endeavors & works closely with business partners on a daily basis. Intrinsic motivation, curiosity, persistence & collaboration will be critical to thrive in this role. You will partner, & problem solve with colleagues across a number of business teams, therefore, strong interpersonal communication skills are required, both written & verbal.
This rolewill perform complex administrative & accounting duties necessary to prepare payroll for exempt & non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment & globally while ensuring compliance with company policy & procedure as well as federal, state & local payroll tax regulations. All responsibilities need to be performed on time & with accuracy utilizing judgement & initiative under the stress of strict deadlines.
- Full-cycle processing of semi-monthly US payroll for 600+ employees working in over 30 states while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments & external benefit providers. This includes maintaining supporting documentation & authorization for all changes.
- Ensure that all non-exempt employee time-cards are approved in a timely fashion & that time-card data is processed accurately including adjustments as needed.
- Assist with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments & key annual audits (e.g. 401 (k), workers compensations, external financial audit).
- Recognize opportunities & recommend scalable processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency while maintaining accuracy. This includes assisting the Payroll Manager with the design & implementation of internal control measures & periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Provide standard & ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Equity & People Operations.
- Reconcile & validate 401(k)/Roth contributions & resolve discrepancies.
- Serve as main contact for all payroll related matters in a timely manner & provide excellent payroll support to all employees by addressing inquiries, concerns & requests.
- Handle preparation of manual checks for out-of-cycle payments.
- Coordinate with People Operations to assure seamless & timely integration of information for payroll processing.
- Maintain good recordkeeping practices & payroll files.
- Assist in implementing, writing & maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties & ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Payroll Manager.
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls larger than 600 employees with both exempt & non-exempt employees.
- Detailed knowledge of payroll compliance & working knowledge of state/federal employment laws/regulations.
- 5+ Years of experience in a Payroll function preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ Years of experience processing payroll using ADP WorkforceNow, required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & take ownership of work product. Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-growing environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Possess a tech-savvy mindset & passion for end to end design & improvement.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team & take on new tasks with various levels of difficulty in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient in the use of a spreadsheet (MS Excel & Google), word processing (MS Word & Google).
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear & concise manner.
- Demonstrated skill with business judgement & problem solving.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels & cross-functionally within the company.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to complete with discretion & confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with a sharp focus on details.
- Maintain a helpful & positive attitude during periods of high volume.
- Strong system & data flow knowledge. Ability to learn & adapt to new process flows & software technologies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.