As a member of the Authentication team this position requires daily review of multiple luxury goods. Attention to detail is paramount as The RealReal has the most rigorous authentication process in the marketplace. Quick utilization of resources, expert communication skills, a keen memory, & knowledge of current industry trends & brand pricing are requisites.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Locate brand identifiers such as holograms, date codes, authenticity cards & hallmarks
- Evaluate quality of materials & construction
- Research items to determine style, name, season, & Retail price
- Notate & report details of item assessment
- Price Luxury/Marquis/Special items based on Price Range Tool & databases
- Adhere to acceptance & condition standards
- Provide assistance & coaching for LMs, CR/CS, & Receivers
- Review sales daily to make sure the best titles, descriptions, & copy is used, items are priced correctly & images are compliant with standards
- Executes with high attention to detail; collects & researches data; uses intuition & experience to complement data.
- Assesses own strengths & weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training & development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge & skills; shares expertise with others.
- Competent in required job skills & knowledge; exhibits ability to learn & apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how the job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Identifies & resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers & analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Expresses ideas & thoughts verbally; expresses ideas & thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening & comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects & uses appropriate communication methods.
- Looks for ways to improve & promote quality; demonstrates accuracy & thoroughness.
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market & competition; aligns work with strategic goals; possess a positive attitude towards collaboration, & takes initiative with a can do attitude to ensure company daily goals are met.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound & accurate judgment; supports & explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrates accuracy & thoroughness; looks for ways to improve & promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training in high-end retail merchandising in Women's fashion; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Understanding of high-end fashion terms, luxury & contemporary designers & strong interest in fashion is a must. Must possess current knowledge on trending fashion & a trained eye for luxury product aesthetic.
- Ability to read, analyze, & interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, & procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, & the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures & amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, & volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra & geometry.
- Flexibility in schedule & ability to work in a fast paced environment & willingness to solve problems as they arise in a professional & collaborative manner. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, & draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form & deal with several abstract & concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of web browsers & Microsoft Office.
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3886