Senior Financial Operations Analyst
Are you passionate about operations & finance? Are you a people person with excellent organizational & communication skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diversity of challenges?
Appians Customer Success Operations team is growing! This role demands someone with comfort in both business & finance & an interest in translating between the two. We are looking for someone who is quick, enthusiastic & has an extremely high level of attention to detail. There is a huge opportunity to make a significant impact on the business. If you like to look at things from different angles & come up with great solutions, this is the role for you!
- You have 3-7 years of financial analysis, project finance, project control, finance operations, or corporate finance-related experience in a professional services/consulting organization.
- You display leadership skills, are proactive & have great communication skills to support business stakeholders at different levels & across functional areas of an organization
- Experience working for a Federal Government Contractor is preferred
- You are a numbers person who has a passion for the financial success & financial planning, & reporting of a growing global company
- You have experience with Salesforce, OpenAir, Projector and/or related systems
- You are educated with a Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or related field
- You have strong analytical & problem solving skills for planning & budgeting processes
- You are an Excel whiz with expertise in creating & manipulating Pivot Tables & using other Excel formulas
- You are a fast learner who can work independently with little direction
How youll contribute:
- Support, advise, & educate to Directors, Project Managers & VPs in the project & organizational budgeting, forecasting, & Estimate-at-Completion (EAC) process
- Track, report, & analyze program spend compared to funding & contract values
- Collaborate with Appians billing department to ensure the timely & accurate processing of invoicing to our clients
- Perform extensive & detailed planning, reporting, & analysis on key performance metrics for CS; provide recommendations & advisory to supervisor & key stakeholders based on analysis; develop analytical tools in MS Excel or other tools
- Partner with key stakeholders across Customer Success & other areas of the organization to support the financial & operational management & processes of Customer Success projects & business areas
- Lead the development of financial processes & reporting vital to the operation of the Customer Success organization
- Responsible for financial reporting & analysis, revenue & profit forecasting, utilization analysis & business management duties as necessary
- Lead & assists in program financial duties including project labor costing & relevant SOW analysis, bill rate analysis & FFP percentage of complete revenue recognition
- Serve as Project Leader/Project Manager on special projects & operational initiatives of medium to high complexity; gather requirements, align stakeholders, create & manage to schedule, provide progress reports, & manage project to completion
- Build out & conduct best practices including Budgeting, Forecasting, Timesheet Compliance, & other relevant training for new managers
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process & case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the worlds toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, & ease that we are continually improving our internal use & feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces list for the last seven consecutive years.