Want to build a product that uses data to see & make sense of the future?
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, wed want to talk with you.
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured & unstructured data sets & uses scientific methods to extract knowledge & insights. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
The role youll play:
As a Lead Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership & passion to form the future. Our team uses state-of-the-art technologies & writes quality code that ships often.
Our Data Engineers support critical business logic across a suite of robust services & scalable data processing jobs.
We focus on modularity & reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
Strong communication skills, adaptability & a collaborative mindset are key attributes we are looking for in all candidates.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out & join CB Insights now!
Your Main Tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently & frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable & tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews & sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges & share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Mentor & guide other software engineers.
What you bring to the table:
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about coding & who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Several years professional experience with dynamic and/or compiled programming languages (we use Go & Python)
- Very strong proficiency with relational databases, including ER modeling & performance optimization (we use MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora)
- Professional experience using messaging queues & streaming technologies
- Expert level experience building ETL jobs & data pipelines
- Experience building with Elasticsearch a strong plus
- SaaS models & cloud services preferably AWS
- Professional experience working remote or telecommuting
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean & Agile values & principles for building software
- Strong attention to detail & quality
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!