RAPP New York is looking for an Account Director to join our award-winning Account Leadership team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isnt us. Its mass markets not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas & ambitions. Its one size fits all & its dull.
When it comes to individuals, were fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individuals needs, beliefs, behaviors & aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients & their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity & individual difference are valued & leveraged to achieve the agencys vision. And most importantly we value every individuals wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP we are fiercely focused on the individual & how we can create value from every individuals experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer centric consulting, creativity that inspires action & customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning Technologists & Creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, & data & marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
The ideal candidate has mastered the Account Director core competencies & is comfortable leading in a digital-first, data centric integrated manner. They are an advisor & partner to the client at the Sr. manager & marketing/category director levels. They have developed a keen ability for managing client based multi-discipline projects across the agency matrix, cross-holding company partners, & external agency partners. They have a natural curiosity, & are motivated by driving excellent results, time & time again.
- Client Partnering
- Strategically builds client relationship trust & effectively facilitates, negotiates & drives scopes of work for accounts.
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction & service/product quality.
- Understands client business & ensures QBRs & strategic business reviews are set
- Leads QBR reviews with key c-suite clients & internal agency stakeholder
- Partners with SVP, Client Partner to build & drive the macro engagement roadmap & sponsors discrete engagement strategies rolling up to that roadmap
- Helps build the clients reputation through our engagement, providing us with a long-term platform for success: our client engagement agenda is thus a shared, strategic & value-creating.
- Communicates powerfully, is credible & engenders trust with executive clients.
- Sets Yearly engagement plan core & growth elements
- Leads SOW development & leads a strategic review each quarter with internal leadership team & President
- Consultative consiglieri & seller to the client C-Suite
- Provides high level overview of marketing technology landscape & marketing science products, delivering wider group product & value suite to the senior client for engagement.
- Oversees the accounts month on month commercial
- Responsible for account P&L & ensures top line growth & bottom profitability growth & health is delivered. Tracks Month on month with team & course corrects
- Is able to build our engagement to new heights year on year: Driving organic growth, identifying & opening new revenue streams
- Keeps leadership apprised of key client opportunities, potential risks & other key nuances which affect the health of the business.
3. Great work: Our Product
- Provides a clear north star for all work on an engagement
- Approves all strategic initiatives across the engagement
- Holds creative, strategy, data & delivery accountable to deliver & course corrects
- Responsible for the delivery of best in class strategies from transformation strategies to marcomms strategies
- Builds strong working relationships with department leads & department staff.
- Provides critical insights during major creative concept reviews & provides direction on how to expand the brief & solution for further development & plays major role in selling the work.
4. Being the connector: Building, Leading, Mentoring & Networking,
- Mentors internal team to deliver to excellence, setting high talent standards, develops, coaches, & mentors talent
- Identify, attract, & retain top talent.
- Holds accountability of deliverables & engagement impact from dept. & course corrects as needed
- Ensures the SVP, Client Partner is kept apprised of engagement development & track to engagement strategy
- Acts as a role model by representing, communicating, & leading RAPPs overall vision, mission, & values.
- 8-10 years of experience & 4-6 years management experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in direct marketing/advertising/digital marketing.
- Strong experience & comfort-level with martech platforms
- Previous CRM experience
- Experience in the application of multi-channel marketing programs in the areas of customer acquisition, retention & optimization.
- Experience with financial growth on individual pieces of business.
- Possess excellent planning, organizational, & problem-solving skills. Making sense of complex, high quantity; & sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Builds partnerships & works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Must have leadership, coaching & mentoring qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation & written skills.
- Builds strong customer relationships & delivers customer centric solutions.
- Gains the confidence & trust of others through honesty, integrity, & authenticity.
- Uses compelling arguments to gain the support & commitment of others.
- Managerial experience focus on, & commitment to, development & growth of talent.
- Ability to hold self & others accountable to meet commitments
- Takes on new opportunities & tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, & enthusiasm
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.