Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
Account Executive Responsibilities:
• Drive entire sales cycle from prospecting to deal closing with emphasis on high volume deals
• Secure new clients for core SaaS platform
• Grow business within assigned prospect lists, & expand into ancillary jurisdiction types
• Quickly develop a thorough knowledge of company products & client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, & school districts.
• Forecast accuracy & leverage MEDDIC framework weekly
• Exceed revenue targets by selling at prevailing rates
• Maintain a high volume of daily prospecting calls
• Share the OpenGov vision & product technically via teleconference & in-person presentations with government officials
• Convince & command on the phone, & to quickly establish credibility & rapport
• 3-5 years of experience selling technology with documented results in a high-paced environment
• Successful sales experience in SaaS B2B, government, finance, budgeting, business intelligence, analytics, performance management, and/or accounting software is ideal
• SaaS Prospecting & Sales/Sales Development Experience Required
• Passionate about selling technology & what it can do for society
• Ability to have financial, initiative-based, & budget-related conversations with government executives
• Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, direct, & convincing when it's right for the customer; competitive, driven to succeed, money-motivated
• Ability to remain focused & flexible during rapid change
• Crisp written communication & fluency of expression
• Acute self-awareness & desire to grow within an organization, personally & professionally
• Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM
• BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or another related field
• Excellent references (recent & relevant) from both former clients & employers