Smartling is seeking a talented, ambitious & detail oriented Sales Engineer to join our growing Sales team in NYC. At Smartling, we offer a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be empowered to propose technical & business solutions & be set up for success. This is an excellent opportunity for a determined well-organized individual who likes challenges & is committed to evolving their career on the technical side of software sales. You are probably equally willing to step up & take center stage, as you are comfortable letting others be the star while you support them depending on what the deal needs.
In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of the sales cycle, including prospecting, qualification, discovery, performing demonstrations, proposal creation, & hand-off to post-sales implementation services. Work from home and/or travel 30%.
Tasks at Hand
- Support Enterprise Sales representatives to meet revenue goals.
- Create custom demonstrations based on customer needs.
- Demonstrate Smartling solutions.
- Manage pilot implementations with proven project management skills.
- Work with internal resources to solve customer issues.
- Build & sustain great customer relationships.
- Develop new tools & process improvements.
- Contribute new feature requests & be a conduit for customer feedback.
- Delight customers.
- Experience in the Technical pre-sales role: Sales Engineer, Solution Engineer, Solution Consultant, 2-3 years minimum.
- Experience selling B2B software at an Enterprise level.
- Experience selling SaaS.
- Experience with at least two out of three: API, website tech (http, html/css, js) and/or mobile app development.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of or sales experience in content management systems, e-commerce stacks, martech or document management systems is a plus
- Knowledge of & proficiency in selling methodologies such as Sandler, Solution Selling, Challenger or equivalent is a plus.
- Results-focused. Center on professional & personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun & energetic co-worker.
- An analytical thinker. If there is a problem I have a solution attitude.
- A Leader. Proactive & will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- A Team Player. Ability to work effectively & cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally & externally.
- Eager to learn. A new vertical, a new product, ever changing customer situations are all opportunities to grow.
What matters to Smartling?
Two things: help our clients grow their businesses & helping you grow both professionally & personally.
- Competitive salary & employee stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn & advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, & fun culture & team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central.
- Team outings (bagel Mondays, baseball games, happy hours, etc).
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.