Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, & give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day
- Oversee the in-store shopper hiring process, including onboarding setup, oversight, & applicant communication. Shift Lead should be able to hit weekly hiring targets.
- Identify plans for underperforming shoppers, which includes recommending terminations
- Facilitate shopper training, coaching, & shadowing to provide shoppers with actionable feedback for improvement [daily]
- Promote our company values & contribute to positive work environment among Instacart in-store staff, partner store staff, & in-store customers
- Proactively develop improvements to in-store processes across multiple stores
- Support other Shift Leads by providing guidance on best practices
- Oversee & ensure that orders are accurately & efficiently fulfilled
- Communicate promptly with necessary details to the local Instacart Operations Team regarding issues that may arise in store & provide recommendations on how to address
- Oversee Instacart staging area(s) to ensure operational efficiency & professional appearance
- Maintain an environment where shoppers feel comfortable & can focus on their work - leverage local Operations Team resources to ensure important personnel issues are escalated properly
- Maintain a strong & positive relationship with the management team at our partner stores through regular communication
- Act quickly & respond to store, shopper or customer issues
- Brainstorm new process improvements that will enhance the customer experience
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up & down stairs, during shift
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together & Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required (conversational ok)
- Customer service & retail experience (3+ years)
- Comfort using data to drive business decisions
- Demonstrated poise when navigating critical conversations with peers, retailer partners, & shoppers
- Assertiveness - comfort challenging status quo & initiating action to improve the business
- Masterful interpersonal & communication skills; organization, planning, & prioritization skills
- Do whatever it takes mentality
- Geographic & Schedule flexibility - Shift Lead is able to visit multiple stores in a single day, can travel to other regions on an ad hoc basis
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram & LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.