Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company focused on millennial minded women with a global audience footprint of 550 million across all platforms. Our missionfrom the very beginningis to be a catalyst for women to see, feel, & claim their power, by providing diverse & ambitious storytelling as well as radically relevant points of view. We deliver style & substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices & destinations, from the original video & editorial features, to live experiences & social storytelling. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.uk, and www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
About the team:
We create all written content for the website, from long-form articles & programs to service & slideshows. We're composed of six categories Health + Wellness, Living, Entertainment, News, Work & Money, Fashion, & Beauty & we help shape & guide how Refinery29 & its impact can grow into those spaces, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, & discussion every day.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have a deep commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to motivate & inspire women through their own unique power, identity, & infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in womens storytelling & reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform & drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility & solutions in even the most challenging moments, & you have an innate desire to strive for excellence & progress, through your daily work & your attitude.
About the job:
Do you obsessively follow every health, diet & fitness fad on Instagram? Do your friends come to you for reviews on the latest workout classes? Are you that person in your group that everyone goes to for sexual health advice? Are you a news junkie? Do you love a good nut graf? Are you brave enough to test out the latest & wackiest wellness fad?
If all of the above interests you & youre looking to break into the fast-paced & ever-evolving health & wellness world, this is your dream job.
What you'll do:
- Write or build 3-4 stories per day a mix of writing original content and news aggregation and building content from freelancers
- Following wellness and health industry news & trends, especially as they apply to millennial women, & pitch to the news cycle as needed
- Working with SEO team to optimize content, update posts for search
- Problem solve in a fast-paced media environment
- Work closely with Health & Wellness team to get assignments & help team meet deadlines
- General administrative duties
What you have:
- 1+ years in a relevant position or field
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superior judgment & discretion
- Organized & ability to work on daily deadlines
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries & be a thought leader
Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for the role.