Index Exchange (IX) is a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
We are looking to bring on board an experienced Kanban coach for a six month contract. You will be working with the IX Cloud team to design, test & implement a highly effective Kanban system. The Kanban system will enable the teams to establish clear service level agreements with clients & increase customers satisfaction & teams throughput by 20%.
Index Exchange is based in Toronto, but we have been working remotely since the start of the Covid pandemic. Because of that, you don't have to be from Toronto. If you can work Toronto time & have a good internet connection, you can be based anywhere in the world & work with us.
Here is what you will be doing
- Recommend leading (not lagging) measures for the teams to monitor & inform decisions, within 90 days of contract start date.
- Co-create process for backlog triage & prioritization.
- Support calculation & implementation of SLA for customer tickets that IX Cloud teams meet 90% of the time, within 120 days of contract start date.
- Establish measures & processes to understand & forecast delivery of IX Cloud projects.
- Ensure IX Cloud teams have tools & processes to identify & eliminate bottlenecks as part of a continuous improvement culture.
Here Is What We Want
- Teamwork. You establish an overall collaborative working relationship with your coaching peers & leadership.
- Kanban knowledge. You have practical knowledge & experience of Kanban principles & understand why they work.
- Kanban practitioner. You have extensive first-hand experience building effective Kanban systems.
- Service & process analysis. You can analyze & visualize current processes as actually practised. You can explain & help design service oriented processes.
- Outcome-oriented. You can help the teams identify the most valuable outcomes & deliver.
- Listening skills. You let others speak & seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Meet customers where they are. You address customer's concerns, share possibilities & leave the customer to decide.
- Leadership. You earn trust & build respect with clients. You build agreement to pursue improvements through evolutionary change.
- Empathy & curiosity. You ask questions to understand the situation & people on the level of values & beliefs before making conclusions. You can read the room.
- Creativity/innovation. You generate new & innovative approaches to problems.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to & deliver on your verbal & written agreements.
- Intelligence. You learn quickly & demonstrate the ability to quickly & proficiently understand & absorb new information.
- Flexibility/adaptability. You adjust quickly to changing priorities & conditions. You cope effectively with complexity & change.
- Communication. You speak & write clearly & articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Openness to constructive feedback & ideas. You often solicit feedback & react calmly to constructive criticism & feedback. You use them as a tool to improve your work.
Heres What You Have
- At least five years of experience as a hands-on Kanban Coach providing practical advice not just theory.
- Accredited Kanban Consultant or Kanban Coaching Professional certification at minimum.
- At least five years of Kanban consulting experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.