ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStarsUS The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The IT Network Manager takes a lead in the day-to-day activities & operations of the network environment of the organization, ensuring that systems, services, & network infrastructure work reliably & securely. The IT Network Manager is a hands-on position that will work closely with IT head & business units to identify, recommend, develop, implement, & support scalable, cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This includes managing a team responsible for building scalable & resilient networks. Manages service patches & other best practices for adopting a secured environment. Highly process driven & support & monitors team & Vendor SLAs & productivity. Overall a Gatekeeper & Go to person for any IT support needs for the organization.
You, as a successful & talented candidate, will join the highly skilled team working across the FanDuel technology organization. As a qualified candidate, you must provide strong team leadership while developing & managing business processes & workflow, standardizing documentation, & improving project reporting. As a leader in the Network Engineering team, you will lead in the design, definition, implementation, observation, & support of the network architectures & environments. You will need excellent skills & knowledge in this growing organization, pushing constantly for the highest performance & continuous improvement. Managers in this organization own & supporting the hardware platforms, physical topologies, routing architectures, & software control systems for FanDuel networks.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Manage a team including, effective hiring, managing performance, coaching, & promoting.
- Manage team delivery across platforms, programs, projects.
- Support & deliver business & the technology organizations goals & objectives.
- Technical manager who is hands-on & is involved in the day-to-day activities & participates in on-call rotations.
- Motivate networking team members to achieve goals within timelines.
- Manage a backlog & prioritize with stakeholders & team.
- Lead network team with an effective method, tracking all programs/projects of work, scheduling, & delivery.
- Delegates projects to network engineering staff, follows up on projects to completion & evaluates performance.
- Handle most problems, decisions, & escalations. Mitigates long-term risks. Find a path forward in difficult situations.
- Create & deliver road maps for projects & technology.
- Create an executive summary on progress & blockers.
- Deliver relationship management with all vendors for procurement, services, & support. Maintain quality, availability, stability to meet all SLA/SLO requirements. Manage vendors to the highest level of performance.
- Assess, design, stage, deploy & implement, test, & document all network communication systems which include routing & switching, & firewalling in all FanDuel environments.
- Very strong focus on the customer's needs & a willingness to accommodate them.
- Stay present & abreast of current & new technologies & trends. Evaluating & providing guidance on the benefits to the company & our customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all projects are equipped with the proper resource requirements both in quantity & expertise.
- Work with IT leadership team & HR teams to develop & execute workforce plans that ensure IT has skilled resources to meet existing & future demands. This includes the assessment, mentoring, & development of individual team members, as well as properly assessing the skills, competencies, & staffing levels required for the organization to meet desired outcomes.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Dedicated commitment to technical excellence & quality partner care.
- You work autonomously actively driving solutions, projects, & identifying areas for improvement in the platform.
- A high degree of focus on quality to build resilient, scalable, & maintainable systems.
- You make decisions based on data & exercise judgment to balance risks & rewards.
- Lead partnerships with internal teams & external business partners.
- Willingness to mentor early career staff, contributing to their development technically & professionally.
- A clear focus on staying up-to-date with emerging technologies through continued learning, active engagement with the network industry, & a desire to remain hands-on.
- Demonstrated thought leadership & customer engagement skills.
- Collects & researches data; Uses intuition & experience to complement data; Designs workflows & procedures.
- Identifies & resolves problems in an efficient manner; Collect & analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Self-motivation & the ability to work with almost no supervision.
- Experience or education suited to this role, including but not limited to 8 + years of experience or Degree.
- 3-5 years experience managing network engineers, administrators, & technicians.
- 3+ years experience working with channel partners, vendors, & contractors.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco networking equipment & software - Cisco CCIE, CCNA or CCNP Routing & Switching.
- Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments
- 5 years related experience in infrastructure/network environments & designing, planning, documenting & implementing LANs & WANs using the latest technology.
- Advanced cloud networking experience with knowledge in Amazon & Google.
- Experience leading complex global projects from development through implementation.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
- Experience working on medium to large projects & delivering against timelines.
- Advance understanding & implementation of infrastructure as code deployment & automation methods.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.