As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be working closely with & supporting some of the biggest names in gaming today. You will be a part of a local & distributed team of DSEs covering all timezones across a 24/7 remit, being the first point of contact for our users technical needs. As well as playing a key part in keeping some of the most prestigious games operational at all times, youll be adept at responding swiftly but articulately to customer requests, as well as solving challenging technical issues on their behalf or advancing to other senior technical teams where necessary.
Youll love & thrive in a live operational environment where the pace is never slow, & youre used to actively observing, monitoring & taking action on multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously. Your keen attention to detail & forward thinking approaches to troubleshooting will drive your & our users success.
If this sounds exciting to you, & youre a technical specialist with your fingers on the pulse of the latest cutting edge Cloud, hosting, & gaming tech, we want to hear from you!
- Youll be responsible for responding to customer requests & ticket, whilst delivering a sublime customer experience with clear, articulate & friendly communication
- Youll ensure a detailed understanding & troubleshooting of users needs across our variety of Cloud products & services
- A key part of this role is supervising key metrics & alerting from our products to enable a proactive approach to support
- Youll be comfortable advancing issues to relevant senior technical teams where necessary, as well as supporting users & internal teams by assuming relevant roles within a defined incident management process
- Youll be required to connect with third party vendors to check, maintain or replace hardware as well as help to identify & fix network related issues
- A documentation-first approach is a requirement for this role whilst you are always prepared to draft key processes internally, or even drafts for customer-facing documentation that our Technical Writing team can publish
- Take part in daily handovers with your global peers to ensure a continual flow of progress on all key customer & internal-facing issue resolution
- Experience with hosting/IaaS/cloud products & services in a customer-facing technical support capacity
- Experience with Linux & Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.)
- Video game obsessed - you know your latest Call of Duty from your Fall Guys!
- Working hours include shift patterns of work (5 days on, 3 days off); weekend shifts & working national holidays are included as normal working hours in this role
- Knowledge of escalation policies & how to utilise them efficiently, especially in a live operations setting
- Experience working as part of a global shift-orientated team with handovers of information
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- ITIL training/certifications
- Youre not afraid to be bold & take unusual approaches to tackle difficult technical problems
- Experience with the Unity engine
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,400+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.