CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues & more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing frictionless experiences & technology for our partners & 7+ million members.
CLEAR is looking to expand our in house legal team! The ideal candidate is a business-minded & self-motivated attorney with at least 4 years of experience. In this position, successful candidates will interface with business team leaders to support CLEAR's legal needs as we expand into a range of opportunities in entertainment, travel & hospitality, financial services, aviation, healthcare & more. This role will report to the General Counsel.
What You Will Do:
- Provide day-to-day legal support to business teams & develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative ways as a business partner
- Partner with our tech & security teams in drafting & negotiating complex agreements with partners & service providers
- Partner with our growth team on commercial deals that help grow our business
- Work directly with colleagues across CLEAR to analyze legal risks, solve creative solutions & develop strong, trusted advisor relationships while maintaining a big picture view of business needs & company goals
- Coordinate with other internal functions to ensure internal business alignment & compliance with laws, rules, & regulations.
- Understand, manage, & advise key stakeholders of legal & business risks.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house as a transactional attorney
- A law degree from an accredited law school & admission to practice law in New York
- You enjoy working directly with non-lawyers to minimize & resolve issues quickly & effectively.
- You want responsibility & autonomy to solve problems
- You have a proven track record of providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to business partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions.
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leaders & frontline team members alike
- Excellent business communication & analytical skills, as well as a strong sense of ownership & accountability.
- Demonstrate a naturally business-friendly approach to legal problem solving & effective counsel as well as creative solutions.
- Strategic thinker able to partner successfully with a wide variety of business groups & stakeholders