With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel & life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed & maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in hotel room, a studio, or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, & over 200 other quality standards, were taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over four years ago, & now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Develop & maintain complex financial models for new assets.
- Manage third party consultants (architects, expeditors, land use attorney, etc).
- Analyze projects for zoning & building code compliance.
- Prepare internal deal memorandums.
- Assist Director of Real Estate in deal structuring, LOI drafting, lease negotiations, & closings.
- Maintain deal pipeline up-to-date & organized.
- Represent Sonder at Real Estate events, meetups & other networking opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with local brokerage team to optimize real estate pipeline throughput & manage pipeline on a daily basis.
- Hyper-local prospecting to find development opportunities.
- Conduct site visits on an ad-hoc basis.
- Participate in meetings with landlords, developers, & potential partners, & help Director of Real Estate in pitching Sonder.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- You believe in Sonders mission of inspiring unforgettable moments of discovery & joy for every single one of our guests.
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail. You dont believe in shortcuts. You have an immense amount of professional pride & stand behind every piece of work you put out.
- You love to work in real estate, & directly with potential customers & partners on a regular basis - youre not afraid to pick up a phone because we all do the little things to win.
- You love financial modeling, data, & data analytics. You know what data is important & how to draw insights.
- You know how to work with stakeholders from other teams & view it as an opportunity to influence, collaborate, & lead.
- You understand that at Sonder its all hands on deck - all the time. You are not afraid of hard work. You are incredibly ambitious & want to help this rocketship reach Planet Unicorn
- 2 years of experience in Real Estate Development, Acquisitions, Investment Sales, or Investment Banking. NYC development experience preferred.
- Incredibly organized & track record of strong execution you know how to work on multiple projects at once & keep them on track.
- Passion for real estate you read building codes for fun & enjoy thinking about real estate in your spare time. You understand building codes & zoning, & are excited to learn more.
- Excellent communication skills you can take direct feedback & dont shy away from difficult conversations. You are constantly trying to improve, learn, iterate.
- Proactive - You love to hustle. You dont just talk about ideas: youre driven to make them happen. You know how to work autonomously & youre always looking for ways to make things better.
- Responsive & Reliable - Youre always there when we need you. You respond quickly, & reach out when you need to.
- A Problem Solver - When problems arise, you dont panic. Youre resourceful & level-headed, finding quick & effective solutions.
- Entrepreneurial - You relish the chance to own any projects under your direction, while building on feedback & leadership--you're confident & capable.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Annual free credits & discounts to stay in Sonders
- Daily catered lunches
- All the coffee you can imagine
- Snack-filled kitchen
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, & a team of smart, ambitious & fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes