Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Facilities Department supports all other Mailchimp departments - we strive to efficiently provide the best possible customer service. It manages every aspect of the physical Mailchimp work environment, from employee seating & physical security to space design & complex buildout projects, both in our Atlanta HQ & in our distributed offices. It also administers a number of processes that govern the many ways employees engage with the office space for meetings, presentations, & other events. Our goal is to provide the most productive & inspiring working environment possible where our fellow Mailchimp employees can thrive, succeed, & feel at home.
The Facilities Project Manager will assist the Director of Facilities & work with other team leadership to help keep Facilities & Office Management projects & processes moving forward. They will be responsible to help promote structure for the teams workflow & coordinate communication & organization with regard to the many projects & processes the team is overseeing. They will interact with team leaders & other stakeholders around the company to facilitate the flow of updates & information, as needed.
We resolve difficult problems & overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who thrives on connecting people, facilitating excellent communication & optimizing process. They must love building relationships & helping people.
What you'll do here:
- Provide day-to-day assistance & project management for Facilities & Office Management projects & initiatives that impact the company
- Coordinate with Project Owners and/or Sponsors to determine project requirements, workflow, & definition of success criteria
- Coordinate with stakeholders & Facilities leadership/team to help prioritize work based on impact on current strategic objectives
- Proactively communicate timely updates of project status, milestones, risks, & roadblocks to Facilities leadership & project stakeholders
- Communicate with project stakeholders & 3rd party vendors to collect requirements, help allocate resources, & coordinate efforts to achieve project goals
- Facilitate problem solving & escalations to minimize risk & help the team deliver projects on time & on budget.
- Facilitate & communicate schedule or scope changes to plans as they arise ensuring surprise elements are eliminated
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- Assist with the evaluation and/or development of processes & the corresponding documentation to promote efficient workflows
- Work closely with Facilities leadership & stakeholders to keep backlog refinement efforts prioritized
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills that are effective with both technical & non-technical audiences
- You have experience in an agile Project Management/Program Management/Traffic Management capacity in an environment, ideally in one related to commercial space planning, property management, tenant space construction, or related activities
- Youre flexible, & have the ability to change priorities quickly & lead others through those changes
- You have strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, presentation, facilitation & follow-through skills
- You have a demonstrated proficiency with project management techniques & technological tools
- You are highly proficient with business software (Office Suite, G-Suite, etc.)
- You are able to help team members at various levels turn their ideas into project plans
- You are able to build & maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- You have the ability to educate, communicate, & present to team members at various levels within Mailchimp
- Youre able to coordinate cross functional work teams towards task completion
Bonus points if:
- You have Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP)
- You have experience delivering complex and/or large facility projects on time & on budget
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.