Thrillist is looking for a project manager to join our creative team. The Creative Team at Thrillist develops the design, style & spirit of every Thrillist-led initiative across editorial photo, social, video, & experiences. Our team of artists, photographers & writers breathe visual life into the brand, & we are seeking an organized, style-savvy project manager to coordinate our projects, optimize workflows, & ensure success at every touchpoint with other teams. This project manager understands the nature & timelines associated with digital, social, video & experiential production, knows how to seek & secure freelance talent, can balance a budget, & works well with a large team on a wide range of project types. You are a self-starter who is very detail oriented, & exhibits grace under fire. This role reports to the Creative Director & is based in New York.
The Project Manager will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Oversee the work flow of all editorial design needs by working closely with editors, producers & designers to make sure all projects are appropriately staffed & timed
- Work with designers to manage the editorial workflow on Airtable, assigning & tracking projects
- Work closely with producers on the video team to create award winning graphics packages, sets, & other design needs
- Work closely with the social team to coordinate design elements across all social media
- Ensure design assets are organized on our servers
- Maintain the Creative team office calendar
- Work with the group nine legal, workplace, & finance teams to keep contracts organized & up to date
- Maintain permissions & licenses for creative team programs
- Seek, onboard, & allocate freelance creatives
- Track the monthly budget & report to creative director
- Work closely with creative director to produce special projects & initiatives such as events & merch
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Strong relationships with members of the creative team as well as key point people on the other teams
- Working relationships with freelancers & program vendors
- Knowing where the budget stands at any given moment
- Clear & complete timelines for larger projects
- Ability to take meetings independently & report back to creative director with recommendations on how to staff & time a project
- Strong ability to negotiate for time & resources when necessary
- Clear understanding of our brands visual style
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project management, line production, or creative resourcing. Agency experience preferred
- Mastery of excel & similar programs
- Familiarity with adobe creative suite programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving attitude
Why Work at Group Nine:
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
Thrillist is the #1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [source: Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020.] Thrillist serves as a guidebook for those that want new experiences & long to turn a good time into a great time. Our nonstop coverage of local culture inspires audiences to discover their world & celebrate every moment. In a serious world, we take fun seriously. In December 2016, Thrillist joined forces with NowThis, The Dodo, POPSUGAR & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- a global top 10 publisher.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.