At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Operations Associate to help coordinate the operations of warehouse associates, drivers, & mechanics on the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in Washington, DC. You will report to an Operations Lead, & work together to ensure reliability & availability of our scooter fleet, as well as overall operational excellence for the local micro mobility program. This job is based in our Washington, DC warehouse. This role works a variable schedule including days, nights, weekends, & holidays.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint, & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Manage daily operations of our central warehouse & maintenance facility
- With guidance from Operations Specialists & Service Mechanic, successfully run shifts across staffing agency crew supervision, repair & warehouse flow, fleet management, ground operations, & administrative duties
- Oversee, dispatch, & route field associates to pickup, deploy, & reposition the scooter fleet
- Report on shift operations; leave detailed & relevant handover notes for the next shift lead & keep management & staffing representatives abreast of any relevant updates
- Coordinate scheduling & tools for staffing, data accuracy, & daily productivity
- Monitor & maintain operational & quality metrics to evaluate performance
- Occasionally perform physical tasks including moving, charging, & maintaining scooters
- Collaborate with our field team to troubleshoot any potential issues & communicate solutions to Operations team
- Help brainstorm, test & implement ideas for improving the rider experience & making behind-the-scenes operations more efficient & consistent
- Experience working in a complex, fast-moving, rapidly changing environment such as a distribution center, warehouse, restaurant, or delivery operation
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a make it happen attitude
- Obsessed with process improvement
- Track record of working cross-functionally & influencing without authority
- Strong team player but comfortable making decisions independently
- Proficiency with common technology tools like smartphones, Slack, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc. preferred
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed including working nights, weekends, holidays, & shift-based schedules
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.