Were looking for a uniquely excellent software engineer to join our world-class team. PDTers are creative, energetic, friendly, entrepreneurial, & collaborative. If you could walk around our office, youd see that were a focused, intent, & nimble company with none of the attitude & bureaucracy of a stereotypical Wall Street trading firm. Our engineers love to work on challenging & complicated problems, & in return, they have a chance to make a direct impact on our bottom line. For the right talent, there is fantastic growth potential.
PDTs data exploration developers are dedicated to specific strategy teams, working closely with researchers who create & build trading signals & strategies. Data exploration engineers are responsible for the lifecycle of research data, working on identifying sources, assessing quality, determining most appropriate storage technologies, creating software interfaces, & helping researchers derive useful information. They also work collaboratively with the larger technology team, including trade system developers, strategy implementation engineers, & infrastructure specialists.
The role provides a great opportunity to contribute to the firms core business & research efforts. Ideal candidates combine a strong software background, deep understanding of storage, replication & indexing technologies, with a practical approach to solving data problems. They are driven by a desire to understand large datasets & create software solutions that make data analysis & modeling intuitive to others.
- Partner with researchers to investigate, organize & parse large strategy-specific data sets using industry standard & PDT specific platforms
- Develop & maintain strategy-specific & firm wide frameworks to improve time-to-research for new data sources & associated derived factors
- Create backend APIs that standardize & facilitate data access
- Serve as a technical expert & resource for researchers
- Develop software to automate tasks around research data collection, parsing & analysis
Why join us? PDT Partners has a 25+ year track record & a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the worldmeasured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDTs very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary & our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, & diverse.
- Experience programming in a modern OO language: Python, C++, or Java
- Expertise working with large & often messy datasets
- Familiarity with relational & non-relational databases
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills