Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the teams success.
We're looking for a Product Designer with web design experience to join our Transactions group to help entrepreneurs monetize their online presence. Youll be part of the Checkout & Payments team, with the goal to maximize the conversion rate of our customers businesses & explore new payment methods that unleash new business models. In collaboration with your product team, you will innovate & simplify the critical back office experience powering hundreds of thousands of small businesses.
You will report to the Design Lead, Transactions.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build end-to-end user experiences
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams from discovery to delivery to iteration
- Help define key metrics in order to track success & business impact
- Drive clear team alignment around goals & priorities
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem
- Partner with research on testing plans & ways to measure success
- Facilitate user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- 3+ years of experience
- Deep experience with sketching, wireframes, visual design, & prototyping for product & web design experiences
- Strong presentation & storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your content to different audiences
- Experience facilitating user research & usability testing
- Passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
- Passion for talking to users & looking at data in equal measure
- Experience in ecommerce & a passion for empowering small businesses are a plus.
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.