Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy. Check out what it is like to Work with Gusto!
About the Role & Team
The executive operations team at Gusto is the heart of our companys business operations & activities & the soul that keeps our organization moving forward. They anticipate the needs of their leaders & help them stay focused on vital priorities by resolving operational & administrative issues before they arise. They move quickly with the changing environment & are up to date with the latest Gusto products & services & have a deep passion for the small business customer we serve. They also use that knowledge to strategically support their team's projects. In addition to being organized & analytical, they possess the strong business judgment & communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people & job functions.
Administrative jobs at Gusto are staffed by organized & dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish our mission of creating a world where work empowers a better life, starting right here in our own company. Working behind the scenes, the team makes a significant impact on the people they support as well as on Gusto teammates & members around the country. The team is adept at leading & managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all individuals in the organization.
We are looking to add to our team an experienced, energetic & creative Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to our Head of Finance, Andy Toung & our Corporate Controller, Sean Flynn.
What youll do day-to-day:
- Calendar: Be the mastermind in control of an intense calendar & travel plans, securing all ground & air travel, booking hotels, drafting daily itineraries, & other additional travel tasks as needed
- Meetings: Contribute to Gusto leadership meetings & offsites by assisting with the production of materials & pre-reads, taking notes, & tracking action items.
- Communications: triage inboxes & help prioritize responses, ensuring fast response time to customers, employees, investors, & other key stakeholders
- Budget and expense management as needed
- Commitments: Partner with VP Finance & Controller to track key project milestones as well as progress against personal, team, & company goals/targets
- Innovation: Establish newand improve existingadministrative systems & processes.
- Events: Event planning, including assisting with small & large department celebrations, team off-sites, internal events, meetings, after hours events
- Maintain & facilitate partnerships with other Executive Operations members & teams
- Be a cultural ambassador & liaison for COO, maintaining a strong pulse on life & relationships inside & outside of Gusto
- Help us scale growth, service, & the Gusto community as effectively & efficiently as possible, in a way we are proud of where everyone feels safe, welcome, & valued
Heres what were looking for:
- 5+ years of VP-level Administrative Business Experience
- Possess a great deal of common sense, independent initiative, flexibility, & problem-solving skills: Savvy problem solving with the ability to see the big picture & find a way
- Consummate professional: Maintains a high level of tact, diplomacy, & confidentiality
- Positive attitude & team player who stays calm under pressure: especially when faced with changing responsibilities & competing priorities (and change is the one constant at Gusto!)
- Outstanding organizational skills: Incredibly organized & detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple assignments, strong scheduling & travel coordination skills
- Excellent communication skills: ability to effectively communicate & collaborate with a diverse range of people & job functions
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Belief that no contribution to the team is too big or too small: we are here to serve our customers & build the best company we can so we all do whatever that takes
- Willingness to go the extra mile: Independent thinker who thrives on problem solving. In overwhelming situations, this person knows how to prioritize, delegate, then proactively follow up
- Project Management Experience: Ability to serve as a project lead from conception to completion
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $92,000 to 130,000 for San Francisco & New York, & $76,000 to 107,000 in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.