ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 6+ years experience in technology transactions to work with the Brand, Advertising & Media Legal Team to facilitate key business, media & technology functions, including with our music, product, marketing, content & brand teams. The person in this role will be responsible for advising internal clients & managing outside counsel in connection with commercial technology & media transactions, as well as contracts & projects related to brand, media platform, & intellectual property development & licensing. This position requires a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business, including its partners, members, & competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Negotiate & manage an array of technology & commercial agreements with an emphasis on supporting licensing, platform, & development initiatives for Pelotons Content, Music & Production Teams, & assist with follow-on implementation projects as needed
- Advise content, music engineering, & technology teams on legal issues, opportunities, & risks, regulatory matters, complex agreement structures, approval processes, & intellectual property related to the storage, hosting, streaming & management of content
- Serve as the primary contact within the Brand, Advertising & Media Legal Team responsible for negotiating & drafting service agreements, SaaS agreements, technology licenses, enterprise software agreements & engagements for the Music Platform Team & Peloton Studios Team
- Assist the marketing teams with technology agreements as needed
- Develop & implement best practices & process improvements for various platform, content, & business audiences within & external to Peloton
- Strong working knowledge of intellectual property laws & concepts, plus a working knowledge of open source licensing & global privacy laws & best practices
- Experience drafting & negotiating complex technology agreements, enterprise software agreements, & commercial transactions in the media space
- Experience drafting content licenses & production agreements is a plus
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action & confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal & business implications
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Superb organizational skills & ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability to collaborate with all personality types, including creatives, developers, & other entertainment industry players
- Knowledge about the technology, entertainment & media industries & related legal trends & business practices
- Engineering or computer science background is a plus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- 6+ years experience at a top law firm or in-house practice focusing on technology transactions, media deals, & ancillary matters (in-house experience is a plus)
- Member in good standing of the NY or comparable State Bar
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.