Build & support the systems, tools, & infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Our team works cross-functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops, & other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations & resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support & adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
Flexport is looking for an IT Support Technician who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support. You will be a customer service & support evangelist, working full time at our help desk & assisting our customers via in-person walkup, support tickets, email, or chat as needed. You love building relationships, both with customers/business partners, & IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end-user support, have a background in Mac software & hardware troubleshooting & are hungry to learn enterprise IT from the ground up.
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk, full time, during normal business hours
- Build/configure new hire laptops & assist in IT new hire orientation
- Deploy & configure VOIP phones, AV equipment
- Provision hardware & track loaner systems
- Work with employees to perform computer upgrades/migrations & troubleshoot
- Provide the first tier 1 support for AV/printer/network issues
- Process returned assets & prepare them for reuse/recycle
- Provide support for large global meetings & events
You should have:
- Experience in providing technical support, & a love for solving problems.
- A high level of professionalism & passion for customer service.
- A focus on the details, including maintaining & updating IT documentation & procedures.
- An appreciation of the importance of asset inventory & how to maintain an organized help desk.
- A love of standardization & an understanding that consistency & adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
What youll need:
- 2+ years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Some experience with support ticket management & tracking
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, & teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS, iOS, & Android
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10
- Network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Experienced with GSuite, Video Conference tools, & basic ticket systems skills
- Basic knowledge of audio/video troubleshooting & support
- Ability to participate in a support schedule that may include after-hours & weekend support
- Some heavy lifting required
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.