Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking a software engineer on the Voice services team. You will join a cross functional team & collaborate with Product Manager, Architects, & a talented group of engineers to build new voice features which add value to Twilio customers. This engineer will own, operate, & maintain the teams services in a highly scalable distributed production environment.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of production level software development. They also have:
- 5+ years of software development experience with cloud application development
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related industry experience
- Successful track record of delivering & maintaining reliable, scalable, traceable & performant distributed systems to customers in a production cloud environment
- Extensive experience with building & using REST APIs
- Experience with:
- Java or C++ with experience in multi-threaded programming
- Agile development environment & is comfortable decomposing complex problem statements
- Nice to haves:
- Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL or equivalent)
- Distributed in-memory datastore (Redis, Memcached, Hazelcast or equivalent)
- Production experience using Amazon Web Services
- SIP, RTP, WebRTC, streaming media or real-time communication protocols
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills - You are confident in writing down & presenting your designs & decisions throughout the development lifecycle. You are also comfortable providing & receiving feedback in an Agile environment
As a software engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You embrace putting your ideas, plans & updates into Github, JIRA, Wikis or Google docs.
- DRAW THE OWL: When you & the team encounter challenges, you pride yourself in being able to pave a safe path to continue execution.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You can lead or assist in all aspects of software development.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You like to collaborate with & invest in your peers including Product Managers to deliver a meaningful product to the customers.
Programmable Voice is one of Twilios foundational channels which empower our customers & internal product teams to build delightful solutions. The features you deliver will be used by thousands of customers at scale, often as their business lifeline. Use cases range from contact centers to healthcare services, from warehouse staff to COVID-19 contact tracings. Were excited to see what you will build!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation, & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be full time remote within the United States. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience! Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.