Green Chef is the first & leading certified organic company in the US meal kit market. We are passionate about making it more convenient, healthful, & exciting to cook meals at home from scratch.
Founded in 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees & tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well. And in 2018, Green Chef & HelloFresh partnered & became the worlds largest meal kit provider. Together, we work to disrupt the food industry & provide the best possible experience to customers.
Green Chef remains focused on delivering healthy, organic ingredients, designed for busy people. We believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to the plating, & we offer a variety of specialty lifestyle plans -- including Keto, Paleo, Plant Powered, & Balanced Living.
- Assist procurement team in identifying their individual buying needs of a variety of different SKUs
- Research, identify & develop relationships with new sources of suppliers for the company that meet criteria including (but not limited to) price, quantity, quality, & timeliness
- Negotiate & manage relationships with an existing network of suppliers & vendors & become a subject matter expert on a specific categorys purchasing cadence, product specifications, & industry trends
- Coordinate with suppliers & freight forwarders to ensure timely deliveries to support Green Chefs just-in-time business requirements
- Resolve any unforeseen problems with suppliers relating to operations, purchasing or quality/performance quickly
At a minimum, you have
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years of procurement and/or sourcing experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Excel
- Flexibility to provide occasional weekend coverage
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 50% discount on your subscription to Green Chef (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks & weekly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of Green Chef & HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.