Innovation, collaboration, & success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. Weve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up & the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other & celebrating our wins together. If youre looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers & business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
The People Operations team curates, promotes, & delivers irresistible team member experiences. We make it happen by fostering engaging relationships & providing access to development in diverse & flexible workplaces. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, your best work will result in a highly talented, engaged, & diverse workforce at OnDeck & its subsidiary SaaS company, ODX. You will inspire leaders, hiring partners, & your talent acquisition team to drive towards world class candidate experiences, effective competency-based interview processes, & creative approaches to talent acquisition to drive the company forward through new team members.
As the Head of Talent Acquisition at OnDeck, you will:
- Continue building OnDecks amazing culture through a robust talent acquisition strategy rooted in diverse hiring, structured interviewing, & hiring partner relationships.
- Be accountable for the Attraction pillar of the companys determined mission to build a more diverse & inclusive OnDeck; own relationships with key partners, & source new ones, to support our talent brand presence in underrepresented talent communities.
- Own the recruiting function - build, augment, & manage strategies & processes that can quickly, efficiently & cost-effectively hire relevant talent for the company today, & build for talent pipelines needed in the future.
- Deliver on a newly curated Talent Brand & Employee Value Proposition approach through candidate & hiring manager experiences experience that align with our brand positioning & messaging.
- Introduce innovative hiring methodologies through identifying unique & non-traditional sources for finding diverse candidates
- Design, implement & maintain the appropriate processes, tools, systems, sourcing strategies, & training necessary to scale & support the recruitment function.
- Identify, integrate & manage all recruiting related vendors & tools.
- Partner closely with People Operations Leadership team in aligning OnDecks Workforce Plan & Total Rewards strategies to labour market expectations.
- Hire, manage & develop all levels of the recruiting staff.
- Develop customized reports that track & communicate recruiting metrics, trends, variances, & spending.
- Create, manage & have accountability for the recruiting budget.
- Lead targeted executive searches as well as provide back-up sourcing & interview assistance to the recruiting team & hiring managers as needed.
Qualifications to make it happen:
- At least 10 years of recruiting experience in high growth companies, including producing as an individual contributor & leading a team of talent acquisition professionals.
- Practical experience & results in leading a diversity hiring strategy or program, & can leverage proven approaches & philosophies to ensure inclusive recruiting practices in attraction, selection & assessment.
- Ability to develop a strong business acumen in the fintech & small business lending space, in order to comprehensively support all of OnDecks hiring needs across the business (function, location, & skills).
- Analytical ability with experience & insights & reporting for executive audiences.
- Proficient in creating & managing a budget & implementing metrics to effectively track cost-per-hire, time to fill, sourcing effectiveness, quality of hire, & other recruitment related metrics.
- Experience leading & managing people at various layers of the organization & across multiple locations.
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent work-related experience.
- Experience with our recruiting technologies including Greenhouse.
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, weve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, & general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing & thriving enterprise.
ODXs ground-breaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 & have subsequently proved that a bank & a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks & financial institutions globally.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, its We Before Me. We support each other & we love seeing people succeed. Thats why we offer a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy & Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave & Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups & Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYCs 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Trees Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018 Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesks Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesks Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesks Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**