Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time & identifies associated treatment options. The assay is used by more than 6,000 oncologists & we partner with more than 50 biopharma companies.
Guardant Health raised over $550M from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, OrbiMed & Softbank, before having a successful IPO on NASDAQ in 2018. Guardant is led by a seasoned management team of thought leaders & successful serial entrepreneurs in next generation sequencing & rare cell diagnostics. They are advised by an oncologist-led medical steering committee from leading cancer centers.
The Clinical Operations Intern will have the opportunity to observe the daily operations ofthe Clinical Laboratory from Pre-Analytical to Post-Analytical processes which includes, but is not limited to, exposure to Reagent Manufacturing, Clinical Research, & Reagent QC. The intern will be providing support, as needed, which may include organizational & administrative tasks.
The nature of the work requires keeping meticulous & organized records, excellent attention to details, effective written & verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task & be flexible with tasks & schedules, & the ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the laboratory staff with filing records
- Printing flowcell reports
- Managing data into spreadsheets
- Perform equipment maintenance & maintain equipment logs & records.
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required.
- Clean racks, & other laboratory supplies
- Work closely with the Pre-Analytical, Analytical & Post Analytical Teams to provide consistent & ongoing support
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned & assist others as times allows
- Assist in organizing & maintaining laboratory, personnel & training documents
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, & honestly
- Strong computing skills
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers as needed
- Strong analysis & problem solving skills
- Ability to prepare & maintain records & logs
- Ability to integrate & apply feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to analyze & solve basic issues
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Hours & days may vary depending on operational needs;
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary;
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimans & instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, & high-speed centrifugation;
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary; and
- Some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.